If you have created some beautiful wax melts at home and want to give them as a gift or sell them, then you’ll need a nice way of presenting your melts.
There are plenty of different options for wax melt packaging, although we found that melt bags are much more practical and cheaper than boxes.
We tested a range of different wax melt bags to find out what you need to look out for when buying wax melt bags for gifting or selling your homemade wax crafts.
Best Wax Melt Bags
There is a large variety of melt bags available, although not all of them are suitable for high-quality wax melts.
Here is a selection of great melt bags that are easy to use and ideal for wax melt gifts.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
This set of 100 Mylar melt bags is ideal for storing your wax melts and presenting them as a gift.
The zipper at the top is resealable, so you can either heat seal the top or just use the zipper to open and close the bag for securely keeping your wax melts.
They are super easy to use and even come in a range of different colors as well as different sizes. Just get the color you want and the right size that fits your wax melts.
These wax melt bags are non-toxic which means they don’t contain any harsh chemicals making them ideal also for natural soaps, candles and other organic products.
Melt bags are also incredibly versatile, so you can store and display almost any smaller item in them, including candies, soaps, sweets and bath salts.
- Smell proof - As you can easily seal these melt bags, the fragrance of your wax melts stays inside the bag.
- Large variety of colors and sizes - There are so many different colors and sizes to choose from that you can find the right bag that fits your wax melts.
- Transparent front - The large window in the front of each bag allows you to display your wax melts properly and you can see instantly what’s inside.
- Can rip - Customers found that these bags can rip easily when pulled apart, so it’s a good idea to not put too much wax melt in.
They come in a small range of different sizes, so you can choose the right size for your wax melts.
Each bag has a small matte transparent window in the front which means you can always check what’s inside without opening the bag.
The zipper closure at the top allows you to keep the wax-lined bag tightly sealed, so that your wax melts aren’t affected by dust or debris.
If you want to sell your wax melts, these bags come with recyclable credentials and there is enough space on the front to stick your brand label on.
- Recyclable - Made with Kraft paper, you can easily recycle these pouches when you don’t need them anymore.
- Thickened bottom - As these wax melt bags have a thicker bottom, you can put heavier wax melts inside.
- Self-standing - These handy melt wax bags can stand up by themselves, so you don’t need a separate stand if you want to display your melts in a shop.
- Limited color and size options - As this melt bag kit is made from strong food-grade paper, there is only the natural brown color available, with a limited selection of size options.
If you are looking for a wax melt bag that stands out from the crowd of regular silver bags, then these holographic pouches are ideal.
They come in a choice of different color gradients as well as different sizes. Just open the sealed ziplock at the top and put your wax melts insides.
Once sealed, these bags don’t let any fragrance or scent from the wax melts escape. This makes the bags not just ideal for wax melt crafts but also soaps, food, tea and candy.
Each bag has a small hole at the top, so you can hang it up in your shop easily.
They are available in a range of different sizes, so make sure that you pick the right size for your wax melts.
- Holographic color design - The holographic gradient design of these melt bags is what makes them so unique. They are guaranteed to be an eye-catcher, especially when you want to sell your wax melts.
- Versatile storage bag - These compact bags are ideal to store your wax melts and protect them from dust. Plus, you can also use them to store plenty of other things, such as candy, chocolate and tea.
- Clear front window - A large clear window in the front of each bag allows you to see the product.
- Limited color choice - While the holographic design of the bags is great, there are only four color options which include orange, blue, pink and purple.
Glassine bags are essentially wax paper shaped into bags. This makes them ideal to hold your wax melts.
While you may know glassine bags from food stores, these wax paper bags also come in a range of funky colors.
What makes glassine bags a little different to other melt bags is that you can fully customize the bags by printing your logo or other information of them.
Saying this, there is a big disadvantage with these bags: they are not sealable. This means that you cannot transport melts in these bags without tying them at the top or folding the top over.
This isn’t a very practical solution but it’s fine if you want to use the bags only once.
- Eco-friendly - These glassine bags are made from durable glassine paper which can be recycled and even composted.
- Color choice - These glassine melt bags do not just come in the standard white color but you can also choose from blue, red, yellow and brown.
- Customizable - A great benefit of glassine bags is that you can print your logo or company branding onto the bags. This makes them instantly recognizable.
- No zipper seal - As these wax paper bags don’t have a seal at the top, there is no way to securely store your wax melt inside. You can only fold the top over but this may not hold your wax melts in place.
- Semi-transparent - Unlike other melt bags, these glassine bags are only semi-transparent, so you won’t be able to see clearly what’s inside.
If you want to transport, store or sell larger wax melt items, such as soap and candles, then it’s a good idea to place them into a larger melt bag.
While many other melt bags come also in larger sizes, they don’t always have room for the bulkier products, such as fat candles.
These bakery bags aren’t just made for bread but they are also ideal for your wax melts. With a large clear window in the front, you can always see what’s inside.
The inside of the bags is lined, so it keeps your wax melts cool in warm weather and the wax won’t bleed through the bag.
- Suitable for large wax melts - Large candles and soaps don’t fit into standard wax melt bags, so the large size of this recyclable paper bag holds also larger wax products.
- Recyclable - These Kraft paper bags can be easily recycled which makes them environmentally friendly.
- Resealable - The top has metal tabs that can be used to seal the bag for storing your wax melts for longer.
- One size only - These craft bags only come in a single size, so make sure to check your wax melts fit this size.
Best Melt Bags For Homemade Crafts Buyer's Guide
How To Choose The Right Bag For Your Wax Melts
Making wax melts, such as candles, is great fun but what do you do with your wax melts when they are done?
You will need to put them into bags, trays or boxes to store the melts for a while. Boxes and trays typically take up a lot of space, whereas melt bags lay flat, so you don’t need much space to store a few melt pouches.
If you want to give wax melt as gifts or sell your wax products, then it’s a good idea to choose a melt bag that looks beautiful and gifty.
Here are a few things that you need to look out for when you shop around for the right melt bag for your wax candles and melts.
Most melt bags are used to give wax melts as gifts or to sell wax melt products. This means that they have been designed with a display window in the front.
Depending on the size of your wax melts, you will need to keep an eye open for the size of the clear window.
Not all melt bags have a large window that covers all the front. Some only have a small window which shows only a small part of what’s inside the bag.
Depending on how you want to sell your wax melts, it can also be useful for a melt bag to stand up without having to use a stand.
Some melt bags also come with a pre-punched hole at the top, so you can easily hang the bag up on your shelves.
Melt bags come in almost any color, so you can just choose one that matches your brand or has the same color as your candle or wax melts.
The majority of melt bags come in a metallic color that reflects the light slightly. If you want something more unusual for your wax melts, then it’s a good idea to pick a more unusual color option.
There are also holographic wax melt bags that have funky color gradients which makes your product stand out from the regular melt bag design.
Melt bags come in all different sizes and you will need to make sure that you pick the right size for your melts.
Depending on the size of your melts, you can add more than one candle or wax melt into your bag.
However, it’s important to store the bags properly as they can melt in hot weather, and you don’t want your wax pieces stuck together inside the wax.
Sustainability is becoming more and more important, especially for shops. It’s worth looking for melt bags that are recyclable and made with sturdy paper.
An eco-friendly melt bag is especially important when you want to sell organic candles or natural wax melts as this will support your sustainability commitment as a business.
If you want to sell your wax melt items, then it’s important that you can add your branding to the melt bags.
This will make your bags and products instantly recognizable and attract other potential customers.
Most melt bags can be easily customized by just sticking a label at the top of the bag, or even on the back.
Depending on the size of the front window in the melt bag, you may also be able to stick a larger label on the front.
If you just want to give your wax melts as a gift, then why not draw or doodle on the bag to make it more personal and fun?
Another essential feature of a good-quality wax melt bag is that it is resealable. Ideally, you want to reuse the bag and reseal it with a zipper at the top.
This will not just keep the fragrance of your wax melts inside the bag but it can also extend the shelf life of the melts.
Store Your Wax Melt Properly
Melt bags are first and foremost a good way to store your fresh wax melts. The right way of storing your melts depends on the type of wax melts you made.
If you made a candle, then you can just stick a lid on it but if you made individual wax melts with a mold, then you need a few melt bags to put your wax melts inside.
While glassine bags are a popular choice for wax melt storage, plastic melt bags can be resealed and they keep your melts fresh for longer.
It’s essential that you generally store wax melts away from sunlight or heat sources as the higher temperatures may melt the wax.
Saying this, you should also not store your wax melts somewhere too cold as once you get to use the wax melts, the temperature difference can affect how the wax burns.
In addition, sunlight does not just melt the wax but it can also bleach any dyed candles. This means that they may end up looking discolored or faded.
It’s also essential to keep your wax melts out of reach of pets and children.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Organza Bags Good For Wax Melts?
Yes, you can display your wax melts in an organza bag. However, it’s best to ensure that it stays in a cool place to make sure your wax melts don’t get dusty or melt in warm temperatures.
The best option to store and display your wax melts in a shop window is with a sturdy wax melt bag that has a small transparent window in the front.
What Is Best To Wrap Wax Melts?
You can wrap candles and wax melts with tissue paper or aluminum foil. This keeps the wax safe from scratches or damage for a short time.
It’s best to store any wax melts in either sealed containers or in wax melt bags.
Do Wax Melts Lose Their Scent If Note Used?
If you store wax melts for too long and in the incorrect way, then wax melts can lose their fragrance.
It’s important to store wax melts in a dry place away from direct sunlight. It’s also a good idea to keep your wax melts either in a bag or box.
This will ensure that your wax melts are protected from any dust. If you use plastic melt bags, then they are smell proof.
This means that they keep the fragrance of the wax melt inside the bag which protects other items around the wax melts and it also locks in the scent of the melts.
What Can You Package Wax Melts In?
You can easily use glassine bags or specifically designed wax melt bags to store your wax melts. This protects the melts from dust and melting.
Alternatively, you can also use cardboard trays or segment boxes for transportation. However, they only protect your wax melts from damage for a short while.
Wax melt bags come in a huge variety of colors, sizes and designs. The best melt bag has a small display window in the front and it should fit the size of your wax melts comfortably.
When you are shopping for the right melt bags, then also check that they are available in the color you like.
- What is the best heat press? - February 12, 2023
- What are the best sticker by number books for adults? - January 15, 2023
- How To Make Origami Santa Claus Hat - January 5, 2023