If you like making candles at home then you have probably had a go at using a candle mold.
They are quite easy to use once you get the hang of it and are a great way to make candles in interesting shapes.
When you become a bit more experienced at candle making you can branch away from the classic tins and simple shapes and try something more intricate and challenging.
We have put together this list of the best candle molds that you can buy online. We have reviewed each one to help you decide which candle mold you think will be best for you.
We have also created a buying guide to help you narrow down your choice. Keep reading to find some fun and exciting candle molds to try.
Here are our recommendations for the best candle molds.
OUR TOP PICK
These 3D candle molds are made from food grade silicone which means that they can also be used for cake, ice cream, mousse, and also soap.
They are heat resistant up to 446 degrees fahrenheit and are also oven safe.
They are really easy to clean as you can just pop them in the dishwasher, and they are also safe to be used in the freezer or the microwave.
Each product contains one mold with 6 cavities, which means you can make 6 candles at a time.
The shape is made up of 27 spheres joined together in rows of 9 to form a square, creating a fun bubble effect.
The interior surface of the mold is really glossy which means nothing will stick to it. This makes it really easy to remove your candle from the mold.
- Glossy interior - The candle wax won’t stick to the inside of the mold
- Heat resistant - It is safe up to 446 degrees fahrenheit and can be used in the oven and microwave
- Shape - It has a lovely bubbly shape
- Wick placement - The shape of the mold can make it quite tricky to place the wick centrally
If you love spooky designs then you will love this 3D silicone candle mold. It is a column shape made of up to three skulls.
The hand placement of the skulls recreates the classic ‘see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil’ idea.
The silicone is soft and flexible but also very durable, so you can manipulate it to remove the candle without tearing it.
After demolding, your candle will be 5.5 inches high and 2.2 inches wide.
This mold is designed for use with candles but could also be used with polymer clay, soap or or resin casting.
It is also suitable for home baking and can be used for cakes, chocolates, or even some funky ice cubes.
It’s really easy to keep this silicone mold clean - all you need is some warm water and dish soap.
- Silicone - The silicone is flexible yet durable
- Design - The spooky design is perfect for Halloween
- Versatile - You can use it for candles, resin, clay, or home baking
- Fiddly - It is quite fiddly to remove the candle from the mold due to the intricate design.
You may need two people. It is best to use paraffin wax as it is harder than soy wax and less likely to break.
This product is a 4 pack of silicone candle molds.
The shapes are geometric and make wonderful candles - there are two smaller, rounder shapes, and two longer oblong type shapes.
The unusual shapes look great around the home and would also make a lovely gift.
The molds are made from food grade silicone which is non-toxic and resistant to very high temperatures.
They have a non-stick coating which makes it really easy to remove the candle from the mold.
You can use the molds to make candles, but you can also use them to make cake, jelly, chocolate, puddings, soaps, and even aroma stones.
The silicone is really easy to clean. It is also environmentally friendly and recyclable.
- Quantity - You get 4 molds in each pack
- Shapes - There are 4 different geometric shapes included
- Quality - The molds are made from food grade silicone which is heat resistant and non-toxic
- Versatile - You can use the molds for candles, soap or home baking
- Difficulty - Some customers found that the mold was quite thin which made it difficult to remove the candle
This set of silicone candle molds is adorable. Included is 9 3D molds in the shape of different succulent plants.
You can make a wonderful collection of candles with different colors and scents and give them as a gift or use them in your home.
The molds have a flat surface on the bottom which means that the candles will be sturdy.
The molds are made from food grade silicone and are nice and thick which makes it easy to remove the candles.
The molds are very durable and non-stick. They can also be used for cooking - they are the perfect size for little chocolate or to make cupcake decorations.
These molds are really easy to clean as you can do it by hand with soap and water or pop them in the dishwasher.
They are also safe to use in the freezer, the refrigerator or the oven. They are heat resistant up to 446 degrees fahrenheit.
- Quantity - You get 9 different molds
- Shape - The molds are the shape of different succulent plants
- Quality - The food grade silicone is thick and easy to use
- Versatile - You can use molds for baking
- Breakage - Due to the small size and intricate design, some of the molds end up breaking the candle as you remove it
This product gives you two silicone molds for the price of one - and the price is very reasonable!
There is a larger mold and smaller mold, both with a bubbly shape made up of spheres. The result is two candles which complement each other and look great when placed next to each other in the home.
You can use the same colors or contrasting colors when making the candles, depending on the effect that you want to create.
Another reason why this product is such great quality is that it comes with 20 wicks and wick holders.
This saves you having to buy them separately. The molds are made from food grade silicone and can be used for cooking as well as candle making.
They are thick, durable and really easy to clean.
- Value for money - This low price product includes two silicone molds, wicks and wick holders.
- Quality - The molds are made from food grade silicone
- Shape - The molds have a nice, bubbly shape and the two sizes complement each other
- Wick placement - Due to the shape of the mold it is difficult to place the wick directly in the center
This set includes 4 cylindrical silicone candle molds in different sizes. The largest is 2.36 inches wide and 2.36 inches tall.
The smallest is 1.18 inches wide and 1.18 inches tall, and the other two are in between. Together they make a lovely set of candles which complement each other.
The silicone is very durable and has a glossy interior which makes the candle easy to remove.
They also have a simple shape which means the candle is more likely to come out without breaking.
If you are having difficulty removing the candle from the mold, you can place it in warm water for a few minutes as this will increase the flexibility of the mold.
- Quantity - You get 4 silicone molds
- Sizes - There are 4 different sizes which work nicely together
- Shape - The shape is simple but effective
- Quality - The silicone is of high quality and is easy to use
- Size - Some customers found that the molds were smaller than they were depicted in the images (although the correct sizes are included in the product description)
This silicone mold will create a candle in the shape of a beautiful, delicate flower. It is ideal for making scented candles with a floral fragrance.
The mold is heat resistant up to 446 degrees fahrenheit and can be used in the oven and the microwave. It is flexible and soft which makes it easy to remove the candle.
The size of the candle when removed from the mold is 3.54 inches by 1.65 inches, so the mold will be a little bigger than that.
The candle will weigh around 184g. You can also use this mold to create chocolates or soaps. It is also suitable for casting resin.
- Shape - This mold will create a candle in the shape of a beautiful flower
- Quality - The silicone is durable yet flexible and is also heat resistant
- Versatile - You can use the molds for soap, chocolates and resin as well as candles
- Price - The price is quite high for only one mold
This product is a set of two silicone molds in the shape of skulls. The molds measure 4.33 inches by 3.14 inches so the candles will be slightly smaller than that.
The shape is simple yet effective and is very easy to remove from the mold. The mold is made from durable silicone which is thick yet flexible.
The inner surface is entirely smooth which leaves a lovely finish on your candle and also makes it much easier to remove the candle from the mold.
You can use this mold to make a classic white or ivory skull, but it also looks great when you use vivid colors.
You could create a collection of vivid skulls to decorate your house at halloween, or to give as gifts. You can also use the molds to make ornaments, cakes, and soaps.
- Size - the molds are a good size
- Shape - The shape is simple but effective and easy to remove from the mold
- Quality - The silicone is thick, durable and flexible
- Versatile - You can use the molds with materials other than wax
- Wick - It can be tricky to place the wick in the right place with this candle mold
This mold creates a candle in the shape of a torso of a female body. It is sensual and feminine and makes a lovely ornament to use in the home.
The silicone is non-toxic and very easy to clean. It is heat resistant and is also resistant to scratching, which means that your candle will always have a perfectly smooth finish.
- Shape - This mold as the sensual shape of a female body
- Safe - the silicone is non-toxic and heat resistant
- Finish - The smooth, scratch resistant surface will guarantee a perfect finish every time
- Versatile - It works well for candles but not for resin casting
This is a lovely set of two silicone candle molds that work really well together.
One is in the shape of a beehive, and the other is in the shape of a honeycomb tower with little bees on it.
The designs are detailed but the silicone is flexible and easy to release.
This product also comes with 50 low smoke wicks that you can use in your homemade candles.
This saves you money as you won’t need to buy your own wicks.
These molds are designed for use with beeswax but can be used with other types of wax, as well as soap, chocolate, ice and other materials.
- Shapes - You get two different silicone shapes that complement each other
- Versatile - You can use the molds for different types of wax and other materials
- Quality - The silicone is durable, thick and flexible
- Wick placement - If you place the wick as you usually would then your candle will be upside down
Best Candle Molds Buying Guide
We have given you our recommendations for the best candle molds - now it is time for you to decide which product will work best for you.
Here are some things that you should consider when making your decision.
Value For Money
Some of these candle molds are better value for money than others if you get more than one mold in the set.
Others include wicks and wick holders which will save you money as you won’t need to buy them separately.
You should always look for candle molds that are made from high quality materials. Food grade silicone is an ideal material as it is durable, flexible, and heat resistant.
You should also think about the thickness of the silicone, as a thicker silicone mold tends to be easier to use.
Some silicone molds can be used with materials other than candle wax. This gives you more options when it comes to crafting and also makes the product better value for money.
You may want to make chocolates, cakes, soaps, or resin castings with your mold.
Most silicone molds are easy to clean. If you want ultimate convenience then keep an eye out for the ones that are dishwasher safe.
The final thing to consider is the shape. You want a shape that will be appealing and will look nice.
However, the more complex and intricate the shape of the mold the more difficult it will be to remove the candle when it is set. Make sure that you choose a mold with a glossy, non-stick interior surface.
This will make it much easier to remove the candle and will also give your candle a smooth finish.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Place Your Wick In The Candle Mold?
Most candle molds do not have holes for the wick as this lets the customer choose the wick placement.
When you have decided on your wick placement, make a small hole in the mold with a toothpick or a needle and thread the wick through.
Make sure the hole is not too thick or wax will leak out. A central position is usually best as this will help the wax to burn evenly
How Do You Set The Candle?
To set the candle you will need to leave it on a flat surface until the wax has completely hardened.
Make sure the surface is flat or the wax will sit unevenly and your candle will be wonky.
How Do You Remove The Candle From The Mold?
The silicone molds are flexible so you should be able to peel it off without damaging the candle. Do it slowly and gently.
If you are worried about damaging the candle, you can flash freeze it first to make the candle more solid. Most silicone is safe to put in the freezer.
With these candle molds you will be able to make fun, exciting, and beautiful candles to use in your home or give as gifts.
You could also set up your own candle making business and offer various colors and scents.
Make sure you always place your candles on a heat proof surface when burning and never leave a burning candle unattended.